AZ Burners Town Hall
Phoenix – June 11, 2022
Tucson – June 25, 2022
Photo by unknown. Contact us for credit!
Want the inside scoop on the AZ Burners community? Have an idea or opinion you think should be heard? Join us at AZ Burners Town Hall every June.
AZ Burners 2022 Town Hall
- Date: June 11, 2022 (Saturday)
- Time: Noon – 2:30 PM
- Location: The Walter Hive
6435 E Thomas Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84716461319?pwd=QUlUNXBaQy9xR1ZWenJYRjNKVnR2Zz09
- Date: June 25, 2022 (Saturday)
- Time: Noon – 2:30 PM
- Location: Morris K Udall Regional Center, Meeting Room 3
7200 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85715
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89565139558?pwd=YVE1UlIwQ28rSjNIcUt0MlBXV2RIdz09
- Welcome and Intro’s
- Events Recap
- Saguaro Man 2022
- IGNiGHT 2022
- Upcoming events
- Invitation for Radical Participation and Communal Effort
- Update on The Land
- BWB-AZ Update
- AZ Burners Code of Conduct update and status
- Legal entities structure – the what’s and why’s
- Burning Man update and resources
- Q’s and A’s
- Wrap Up
AZ Burners 2021 Town Hall
The 2021 Town Hall was held via Zoom on June 5th, 2021 – Here is a video of the meeting.
- Introduce Regional Contacts
- See Leadership Team
- State of AZBurners (qqtpie)
- State of AZ Burners without Borders (AZBWB) (Sprocket)
- Burning Man Org and Update from a National and Global Perspective (Sassy Cat)
- Land update (Serpico)
- Facebook Groups update (Gigi)
- Code of Conduct update qqtpie, Sassy Cat, Gigi)
- Saguaro Man update (Sassy Cat)
- Too many unknowns to make a decision today. We are proceeding as though the event will happen in October, and prepping the land.
- Go/No-go decision will be announced the first week in August
- Ticket Update – see Saguaro Man Tickets page
AZ Burners 2020 Town Hall.
The 2020 town hall was held virtually via Zoom due to the ongoing health crisis in Arizona. Primary topics included: plans for our new land, coronavirus and Saguaro Man, and our IGNiGHT online art exhibition, plus the following community action items:
🚫 An 11th principle? 🚫
We need community input around a proposal to add consent as the official 11th principle for AZ Burners. There will be more information soon on how to participate in this discussion.
🚑 Healthcare professionals! 🚑
The new COVID response team will monitor public health information and outline recommendations for conducting Saguaro Man safely. To pARTicipate, email ElderWrong@gmail.com.
😷 Flatten the curve. 😷
This is NOT a time for safety third. Wear a mask and social distance to help slow the spread of coronavirus. Sacrifice NOW so we can burn together at Saguaro Man in October.
AZ Burners 2019 Town Hall
Here are recaps of the 2019 town hall event in Scottsdale. Thanks to Haylee for filming, Buddha for preparing the minutes, Walter for hosting, and the whole community for a robust discussion.